Purple

First of all, look at my fancy reflection skills! I keep seeing this everywhere so I thought I'd try it out myself. Onto the actual outfit...I made this dress on Saturday afternoon. This is actually the first thing I've properly made from scratch (apart from my Textiles final) since Christmas. I'm the biggest procrastinator ever so rather than wasting time attempting but not actually doing work, I decided this dress would be a better use of my time. After I made it, I actually felt an increased motivation to work harder for my schoolwork. Perhaps I've discovered the key to preventing procrastination: do something you've been wanting to do for a while and then focus on your work afterwards - it works, trust me!.
So, I  made the dress using some fabric I got as a present for my birthday. The print is so lovely and I really like how it contrasts with the sleeves (which were made from some white curtain netting). I'm actually really pleased with the dress (unusual for me). It reminds me of the ones you can get from Yayer or Choies (but instead I saved about £40 of my money by making it myself). 
How is your week going so far?








 dress - homemade
shoes - new look

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts