AS Textiles Final Exam

First of all, I'm sorry for my absence recently. The reason for my lack of blogging is my textiles and art exams that have been going on this week. I've had piles of coursework to get through and exams to prepare for. Luckily, today I finished my textiles exam (yay!) which feels like such a relief. It was an 8 hour exam (actually quite a short time when you have a whole garment to make) over 2 days. I thought I'd show you my final piece and see what you all thought. Originally, all the fabrics were seperate (so I dyed the blue fabric and layered the black pvc over the top, I then cut out all of the squares and sewed around the edges). Creating the fabric for the body of the dress probably took the longest since I had to sew around every single square and I had originally fitted my pattern pieces to a mannequin at home so it doesn't fit completely well, so I had to make a few time-costly alterations. It went fairly well (a few mistakes but I managed to sort them out) but what with me being a perfectionist, there are plenty of things I would like to improve on it. By the way, a bit of context for you, the theme of the whole project was 'Covert and Obscured' and my design is based on various observations and critical studies that I did in my sketchbook (Gareth Pugh and Fyodor Golan). Anyway, I hope you like it and wish me luck for my next two days of art exams starting tomorrow!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts