5 holiday outfits

I'm feeling pretty shattered today (late nights and early mornings really aren't great for me) but there's nothing like a bit of blogging to keep you awake! Does anyone know what's happening with Google Friend Connect? I've heard that it might be staying but others have said otherwise - it's all a bit confusing to be honest!
I have to second my friend, Katie's, recommendation of Vampire Weekend's latest album by the way - definitely have a listen when you get the chance as the songs are actually really catchy (in a good way).   
Also, there's only one day left to enter my giveaway to win a dress and a bag so enter here if you haven't already. 

I've only got a month left until I go away on holiday and it got me thinking about different holiday outfits. I picked out 5 ideas, let me know what you think...

top - New Look, skirt - vintage/buy it here, sandals - Topshop, fan - present
 1. I really like this simple outfit. I don't tend to wear midi skirts much (as being only 5'4 means that they tend to make me look quite short if I'm wearing flats) but I think when you're on holiday it's much easier to get away with it. I've had my sandals for a while now. They're nothing special but they're unlikely to go out of trend (are there even trends for sandals?) and will keep me going for at least another summer. How lovely is my fan?! You can't really see in this photo but close up the detailing is so nice!

 sunglasses - River Island, shirt - ebay, shorts - old/modified, sandals - Clarks
2. I've never actually owned a pair of high waisted shorts before now, so the prospect of pairing these with shirts and t-shirts is rather exciting! I think it looks great with this shirt (approx £3 - such a bargain!) though the shirt can also be worn on it's own as a beach cover up as it's quite big. Another pair of worn out sandals (I can't even remember when I bought them) but good enough for the beach or the evening. 

 sunglasses - River Island, top - old, skirt - ebay, flip flops - ?
3. I really like pairing a casual t-shirt with a skirt or pair of shorts for a more summery look. This skirt is by far one of my favourites (another bargain). Again, you can probably tell by now that my summer shoe collection is very old and limited (I actually sellotaped these together last summer and they're still hanging together just about!) but I can't bear to throw these ones away as they've got some really nice beading on the top. 

 bikini - Motel, shirt - vintage/buy it here, flip flops - ?
4. I really do like this shirt and I definitely think it would be great as a beach cover-up type of thing. It's got really nice embroidery detailing at the bottom which definitely adds a bit of interest to it. My bikini is new, from Motel, and I'm completely in love with the print and colour. 

top - New Look, skirt - old/modified, necklace - bought on holiday, sandals - Topshop
5. Last but not least, I haven't had the chance to shop you my new top yet in an outfit post (a bit too cold for that) but this is how I would style it if the sun was out. 

Which outfit was your favourite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts